Saturday, August 29, 2009

A RECIPE BLOG HOP!



You spend hours baking, cooking, whatever that new dish might be at the time. Your feet hurt, your back aches, but your heart is HUGE&HOSPITABLE ready to serve that scrumptious dish to your guests.

They chew...

They eat...

and you wait for it:

I hate this dish! I LOVE this dish! Can I get a copy of the recipe?

THE ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT!!!

It's about feeding YOUR ego making YOUR guests feel welcomed,
and giving them a nice, warm meal and dessert to make their taste buds dance!

So, dig out your recipe box, and find the top 5-10 recipes that people request THE MOST from you. If you don't have that many,
just post whatever you want to share with all of us inquiring readers!!


(Some ideas: Favorite Breakfast dish, Dessert, Pot Roast, Chicken Dish, Pasta Dish, Pizza, Cheese Ball, Dip, or BE CREATIVE and choose something else)

1. Write a post with the recipes
2. Link back to my post so your readers can "jump" on board down at the bottom
3. Link in (with your RECIPE LINK- click on your title post, grab the URL, and paste it into the MKlinky at the bottom)

________________________

#1BREAKFAST STRATA

1 lb Pork Sausage
8 eggs
10 slices of bread (I always use the fluffy, potato bread)
3 cups of Milk
2 cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I always flop in a LOT little more cheese)
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp Dry Mustard
2 tbsp Flour
2 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Salt
***Brown sausage and drain. Beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon into greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover. Refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered @ 350 F for 60-70 minutes until set.

________________________

#2 Yummo Onion Dip

8 oz Cream Cheese
1 cup mayo/miracle whip
small onion chopped
3 tsp beef bullion powder mixed well with a small amount of HOT water

***Blend all in your favorite blender until whipped***
________________________

#3 Slumber Party Pizza

1 prebaked pizza shell (or if you are a crazy woman Betty Crocker, you can make your own!
3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1-2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese


***Place crust on 14" pizza pan. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; (if you have time, let the chicken sit and marinade in your fridge for a couple hours)

Spread over crust. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake @ 450 for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.***

YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

________________________

#4 EASY~Scrumptious Cheese Ball
2 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1- 1 ounce package of ranch dressing mix (dry packet)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (I like to use flat almond pieces)

***Mix together first 3 ingredients WELL; form into cheese ball; then roll into the chopped nuts; serve your FOAMING AT THE MOUTH eager guests***

________________________

#5 QUICK, EASY, Garlic Shrimp & Pasta Dish!
8 oz Fettuccine or linguine, uncooked
2 cups broccoli florets
1 lb cleaned, medium shrimp, cooked (I use a larger bag of small)
1/2 cup prepared GOOD SEASONS Garlic and Herb Dressing Mix
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese

***Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli to the cooking water for the last 2 minutes of the pasta cooking time; drain. PLACE pasta mixture in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. SERVE hot. Or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve***

KRAFT FOODS DISH
________________________

#6 Raspberry Oatmeal Bars

1 Yellow Cake Mix
2 1/2 Cups quick oats
1 1/2 sticks REAL BUTTER (it works the best) melted
1 cup (I use 12 oz jar) Raspberry Jam/Jelly (or favorite flavor)
1 Tbsp Water

***Combine dry cake mix, oats, and melted butter and mix until crumbly. Press half of the mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Combine jam and water; mix until smooth. Spread over crumb mixture already in pan. Then sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over jam filling and bake @ 350 for 18-23 minutes. Let cool, and then cut into squares.... TRULY SCRUMPTIOUS!!***
________________________

I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST:


#7 Cranberry Pot Roast!!! I give it 10 + Stars
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 (3 lb) beef chuck roast
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
2 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP Flour

***PLACE onion soup mix in the bottom of a slow cooker; THEN place the roast in the slow cooker, and top with the jellied cranberry sauce. COVER, and let cook 8 hours on LOW. REMOVE roast, and set aside. Whisk together butter and flour, and slowly mix into the liquid remaining in the slow cooker to create a yummy gravy! Serve with roast***

Thank you Danielle! Danielle says this roast is good with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans and yummy yeast rolls. Sparkling Apple Cider is a nice touch for a "romantic dinner for 2"!
________________________

NOW that you have read ALL of mine, please don't leave me hanging; I want to see YOURS. So go dig up your favorite few recipes. I know you are DYING to share!!

Remember:
1. Create a post with your favorite 5-10 recipes
2. Link back to this post by clicking on the title (A RECIPE BLOG HOP)
3. Grab the link in your browser and paste it into your post so your readers can jump on board too!

I CAN'T Wait To See YOURS!




4 comments :

  1. Ooooh, that strata looks yummy! I found myself wondering if I had any pork sausage in the fridge so I could make it for dinner tonight, lol!

    I have given up pop so can't even have the decaf, bummer, huh?! But I know it's better for me so I'll survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What AWESOME recipes! I think I am going to have to try that roast! Sorry I didn't link up any of my own today....I was a little busy, maybe next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, these recipes look so yummy! Thanks for sharing them! I always need new inspirations in the kitchen--it's where I'm the least creative! I will definitely be coming back to try some : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipes sound wonderful!! Thank you for stopping by our ministry blog WOVEN. Unfortunately we do not pay attention to it like we should. :( I need to figure out a way to link up our personal posts onto that blog. hmmmmmmm....anyway. Great blog here!!
    Rachele (Chel Abiding Branch)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship! If you can't comment, try commenting as anonymous or you can email me at curly2880 at yahoo dot com.