Thursday, September 17, 2009

5 Practical Ways To Rid Fear, Part 1 of 4



I talked about it a couple weeks ago: Click Here . . . This thing called FEAR!

I use to be scared of going blind when I was young... afraid to have the light removed, thinking that I might be blind "for real" at that moment.

Another silly thing I did was practice drawing with my mouth.... yes, my mouth... thinking that I might be paralyzed some day like Joni Eareckson Tada. Hey, I could always "practice - up" just in case right?

Then there is the fear that comes after becoming responsible for another human life; a life that I carried in my womb for 9 months; a child.

Oh, I never experienced Fear "for real"until I became "Mama".

The news is NEVER a good thing to watch when I hear of horrific and tragic accidents involving children. Doesn't your mind carry you away with the

"What ifs"

when you see stuff like that?

If you have made it through raising children, now it might be the fear of something happening to your precious grandchildren.

We all have fears, phobias, whatever you want to call it. Fear of failure, fear of not measuring up, not being "perfect enough", the fear of standing up in front of a room full of people and talking; my personal "high" when it comes to fear! - probably above a fear of death.

So, enough talk about this gripping and paralyzing thing that squeezes its hands firmly around our throat, or the fact that fear isn't shy about unleashing that load of hefty bricks upon our chest.

We ALL know what it feels like, right?

But Remember:

11 Timothy 1:7

For God hath NOT given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

FEAR IS NOT FROM GOD!

5 Practical Ways To Rid Fear Today:

1. Trust in Him/Bathe Yourself In His Word
Be Made Perfect in Love

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

Romans 10:17- "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God!"

2. Dwell/Abide In HIM

John 15:4 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me."

Psalm 91:1 "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty!"

3. Seek Him First
He promises to deliver you from ALL your fears

Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His Righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you!"

Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from ALL my fears"

4. Confess Your Sins
So you can live a life "unashamed"

1 John 1:9 "Confess your sins, for He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins, and cleanse you from all unrighteousness."

Psalm 34:5 "They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed."

How beautiful is that?! Picture God's peace sweeping across your body,
scooping up every burden that you are carrying, right now!

Have you ever thought that fear might be the cause of
unconfessed sin, and therefore shame, in your life?


5. Believe that He is Sovereign/Tell of His Goodness

Psalm 73:28 "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds."

Are you experiences constant Fear? Apply these 5 practical steps today!

Stay tuned for Part 2 of 4- Next Thursday we will talk about examples of people who were overcome by fear/cowardice in the bible, and those who had courage.

An awesome and exciting comparison that you
WON'T WANT TO MISS!


4 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing. What a blessing!! My six year old had been struggling with lots of fears recently and we prayed and we talked and prayed and talked. I began asking for friends to pray for freedom from fear for her and praise God, she has been released from so much. I also have struggled with certain fears in my life and it can be crippling. I truly believe in the power of prayer and pleading the blood of Jesus and quoting scripture. Sometimes I get caught up in it though and don't stop to do what I know I need to do. Thanks again for sharing your heart and sharing the Word. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Traci! Fear can be so overpowering that it almost becomes our god instead of God Himself! Some people - myself included at times - will give in to fear far more readily than they will give in to God

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word - abide. that's what I am aiming for. every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading the rest in this series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship! If you can't comment, try commenting as anonymous or you can email me at curly2880 at yahoo dot com.