Monday, September 21, 2009

There Will Be "Those" Days

Today I had one of "those" days... you know, when you just feel "blah"; nothing seems to go right;

toddler daughter doesn't nap,
= extremely cranky

8 month old son teething,
= extremely cranky

mom tired and frazzled, with the feeling that she just can't catch up,
= extremely cranky mom.

But there are ALWAYS things to thank God for;
so I will try to remember back over this past week:

#73-82

#73. a day-trip on the boat with just my husband and me

#74. feeling the breeze, listening to the "quiet" together... enjoying one another's company

#75. Spending the day outside; enjoying the brisk, cool air; the beginnings of Fall

#76. Watching my daughter be the "mechanic" in the family

#77. Taking in this beautiful site of sibling love

#78. Full out belly laughs!

#79. Oh, but they don't last long...


#80. Watching my son's contagious smile

#81. Enjoying some frosting... even if it has to be lived vicariously through my daughter's taste buds... oh the joys of dieting!

#82. Tender hugs


See... I feel a lot better now.

Do you need a Pick-Me-Up? Had one of those days? Come join the gratitude community over at
A Holy Experience!
holy experience



My COUNTDOWN of 1,000 Gifts
with the Gratitude Community:

#1-10 (A Heart of Gratitude)
#11-21 (The Secret is Out)
#22-49 (A Life-Giving Spring)
#50-72 (The Things I Would Miss)




5 comments :

  1. Great blog! I too have a almost three and almost one...and I too had cranky day....and I too feel like I can't catch up...
    And I too am grateful for the small and joyful in the midst of crazy and cranky!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great ! And the photo of you and your husband is precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Traci, I definitely had one of those days today! I could just go and eat a big cupcake like that too! Instead, I counted my blessings as you did, and tomorrow will be a new day full of grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is EXACTLY what I needed... along with a cup of coffee.. This morning started out rough.. I woke up to a sink full of dishes, a MOUNTAIN of unfolded laundry on the kitchen table, 3 school lunches that were still unmade, and the list goes on. I immediately got cranky thinking how behind I was and how it was gonna take me ALL day to catch up. So, your post was like a band-aid and now I feel all better and ready to take on the day!! Thanks for the encouragement, dear friend! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed. So much for which to be grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship! If you can't comment, try commenting as anonymous or you can email me at curly2880 at yahoo dot com.