During our first years of marriage, my husband and I talked about just getting "household gifts" for one another at Christmas time. You know, like new carpet or a much-needed appliance. I must admit, I put the kabosh on that; at least in my mind. Come on, I thought, that's no fun! Where's the romance, people?
But then kids come along; and this "treaty" seems a lot more inviting. Even if it is only for the sake of spending less money. Now that we are child #2, I'm all for this.
Something changes when you become "Mommy". We learn the art of becoming less selfish, (or really try to) and truly desire our children to celebrate in all the joys and fun that the Holidays bring; time spent creating special memories, and reliving our childhood, through their eyes.
But, that doesn't mean I don't have a "wish list" in the back of my mind. Like Christy, I enjoy the luxury of being pampered now and again; because, let's be honest ladies, the only pampering we get is jumping in and out of the shower as fast as we can, throwing on our makeup in a flurry, and quickly brushing a "cover-up" coat of polish on our toes.
Here is my Top 5 Wish List:
1. A day at the spa: A pedicure, a massage, maybe even a facial? Ahhhhhh.... I've only had 2 pedicures in my life, and it was glorious!
2. A Wii Fit! I love the thought of having fun, while getting a good workout!
3. A Swiffer Wet Jet. I've heard so many good things about this product. (Do you have one?)
4. A dish washer. End of story. You understand why this would be on my wish list, right? I never get to "Make My Sink Shine" because there are always dishes in the way.
5. A gift certificate to take a cake decorating class! I love making cakes and would especially enjoy getting some great tips and advice from a professional.
What do you think of my list? Would any of these things be on your wish list?
If you would like to share a top five list of your own, please link up over at Christy's blog: Superheroes and Princesses. Your list should include any of the 5 things you enjoy right now. This was SO MUCH FUN! A girl can dream, right?