Wednesday, September 29, 2010

20 Ways To Enjoy Your Children


1.  Laugh with them, often.
2.  Don't wish your day away.
3.  Don't wish they were older/younger.
4.  Tell them you love them all the time.  Show them even more.
5.  Listen to them; really listen to them.
6.  Look them in the eye when they talk to you.
7.  Don't compare them to other children.
8.  Love them where they are at.
9.  Give them lots of hugs and kisses.
10.  Don't be their best friend, be their parent.
11.  Stick to your rules, be consistent.
12.  Show them love by your careful discipline.
13.  Speak kind words, don't yell.
14.  Read to them/let them read to you.
15.  Smile at them.
16.  Pray for them specifically, daily!
17.  Play with them.
18.  Don't give them everything they want.
19.  Sit together in church as a family.
20.  Worship and serve together.

Photobucket
; Share | bbnn

20 comments :

  1. Great post! My favorite time of day is curling up on my bed with my kids while we read right before bedtime. It's a precious time for me and them, even if they don't realize it yet. :o) Happy Wednesday! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Thanks for sharing and reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wisdom here. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list! Especially #2 and #3! Thanks, Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! :) Thank you for sharing! Going to repost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this! Thanks, Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true, I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent list!! Thanks for sharing...

    :)Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. I'm printing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reminder. This is lovely. It's so easy to get caught up with being busy and overlook the enjoyment and the precious moments that children give.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traci, great tips even for those of us with Adult children. Only difference is that NOW I can be both parent and friend. :o) A perk for raising them right.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award today...stop by to see it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your "visit." You've got a lovely site here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent and well-thought out.
    Good advice for all children
    (my youngest is 18 and away at college).

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wish we lived closer too - tea and chats with you in person would be wonderful...so thankful for you, traci - you are such a blessing.

    love,
    kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome list, Traci!

    In light of wanting to re-focus on these very things, I will be sending you an e-mail!

    Have a blessed night!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful list. Personally I am working on #2, 4, 5, 11, and 13.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WONDERFUL post Traci! This was a lovely list...you have wisdom from the LORD! :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    P.S. Your children are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship! If you can't comment, try commenting as anonymous or you can email me at curly2880 at yahoo dot com.