Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Holiday Potato-Cheese Soup

This was wonderful with a dollop of sour cream on top!

2 c. potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 T. butter
1 sm. onion, chopped
3 T. flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 c. milk
1 c. ( I use 2) Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (I use cubed ham)


*Cook potatoes until tender.  Drain, reserving one cup water.  Set potatoes and water aside.  Melt butter in a  saucepan over medium heat.  Add onion and stir until tender, but not brown.  Add flour, salt and pepper to onion, cook 3-4 minutes.  Gradually add potatoes, reserved water and milk to onion mixture.  Blend in cheese and bacon/ham.  Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.  Enjoy!

Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. Hi Traci,

    This looks delicious but I don't understand the abbreviations - they are different to the ones we have in England!

    Is c short for cups, and is T short for teaspoons?

    Will I get enough soup for 2 adults?

    I've only just discovered your blog and I really enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! Love having potato soup as it is such a great comfort food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO! My mouth is watering just looking at it!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship! If you can't comment, try commenting as anonymous or you can email me at curly2880 at yahoo dot com.