Does this look like your child's bedroom?
Did you know that clearing your home of clutter and staying organized can calm your hyper child? Don't get me wrong, I know (as a mother of a 4 and 2 year old) how quickly messes can happen! And realistically they will...
I've tried it.
We've not been able to see our rug after a morning "play session". Kids are crazy. Mom is stressed. Things are out of control.
We all pitch in and clean up the house. A minute later the kids are much calmer and happier (and so is Mommy)!
1. Many children have difficulty staying calm in a hectic environment.
2. The "less is more" approach helps reduce sensory overload which can cause stress and hyperactivity.
3. Clutter can make kids feel out of control.
10 Tips For Clearing The Clutter & Getting Organized
1. Don't hold onto everything.
2. Get rid of things you don't need (donate or sell).
3. Get some bins to throw toys into.
4. Sort and simplify.
5. Label bins and storage units.
6. Teach kids to pick up after themselves.
7. Have specified locations for stuff.
8. Put things back in their rightful place.
9. When your child receives new toys, let them donate some old ones.
10. Have one day a week where you go through closets and drawers; throw away scraps of paper, broken toys, mismatched items, etc.
Do you have any tips for keeping your kid's STUFF contained?
8 hours ago