Saturday, May 7, 2011

Since You Called Me To Be A Mom

A Mother's Day Poem ~ Author Unknown

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray

For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks


Building dreams with building blocks

Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes

And other stuff that children lose

Fitting lids on bottled bugs

Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute, Lord

Just at the sink or ironing board

To ask the blessings of Your grace

I see then, in my small one's face

That you have blessed me

All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile




Photobucket

6 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing the poem and video. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love that x a million! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! A very happy Mother's Day to you! Wishing you a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Sa-weet! Happy Mother's Day to a beautiful Mom! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem. Loved the video! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship! If you can't comment, try commenting as anonymous or you can email me at curly2880 at yahoo dot com.