I have learned that walking is the number one thing that helps me lose weight (as far as exercise goes). Not to mention it is one of the easiest and cheapest forms of exercise! Who doesn't love EASY and CHEAP?
This week it has been in the 50's-60's here in Upstate, NY and I have been able to get out with my boys for regular 40-minute brisk walks.
After just four days, I feel my clothes getting baggy and loose! What a great feeling. Here are some other benefits to walking:
1) It reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
2) It is good for your mental health.
3) It lowers high blood pressure.
4) It helps control joint swelling and pain.
5) It boosts your mood.
6) It reduces stress and anxiety.
7) It helps decrease symptoms of depression.
8) It helps you feel more energetic.
9) It helps you lose weight.
10) It helps you sleep better.
11) It helps you stay regular.
12) It boosts your self esteem.
13) It is good for your brain and cognitive function.
14) It helps reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer.
15) It helps release those happy hormones.
16) It improves circulation.
17) It boosts your immune system.
18) It increases your desire for bedroom activity.
19) It could eventually get you off of some of your medications.
20) It helps your skin glow.
So get out and walk this month. Spring is coming and who doesn't want to feel better be shedding that extra 10 pounds hanging onto you for dear life! Tell those unwanted pounds goodbye as you stroll around your neighborhood! Set a goal to walk 3-4 times a week for 30-40 minutes.