As I said in THIS POST, you can lose 20 pounds by November 4th if you lose 2 pounds a week. Realistically that sounds easy. 2 pounds a week. No biggy. Well, it's kind of a big deal for people like me who gain the 2 pounds back they lost during the week, on the weekend. So that is why you need to write out a plan for yourself!
1) Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I do love water but sometimes I forget to drink it.
2) Try to eat 6 small meals a day. This keeps my metabolism revving. Well, not revving, but moving at some sort of pace.
3) Eat a lot more protein, fruits, and veggies. Whole foods is what my body responds to.
4) Just say no to refined sugar and grains. Refined sugars and grains leaves me sluggish, depressed, and miserable. Not to mention it packs on the flab.
5) Limit the caffeine. I have come to find that caffeine tends to make me angry and unsettled. It alters my blood sugar in a way that is no good for this gal.
6) No eating after 8 pm. Not eating after 8 gives me structure and keeps me from mindless eating after the kids go to bed.
7) Walk 3-4 times a week. I will find time to walk outside or do Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs.
8) Stay focused on the weekends. Like many of you have said, weekends are a downfall. I will not let myself get lax on the weekends.
9) Weigh in on Sundays. Weigh in once a week.
10) Track your pounds lost (and gained)! This will keep me accountable.
Feel free to blog about your plan and link up below in the comments. Or just comment with your plan :-)