Friday, September 28, 2012

I Lost 10 Pounds This Week!

This is totally embarrassing posting pictures of me like this, but I want to do this weekly so I can see my whole journey of weight loss.  



Weight Loss Goal









After just a short week (well 6 days to be exact) on the Grace And Strength Lifestyleprogram I’ve lost a total of 10.6 lbs!  When I started this journey, I wanted my focus to be on Christ and what I would actually gain while losing.  My personal coach (who is so awesome and encouraging) asked me to pick a verse that would be my “life verse” for this journey.  

I picked 1 Timothy 6:6, “Godliness with contentment is great gain."  It sounds ironic that I would pick a verse about “gaining” while on a journey to "lose weight"; but it is so fitting!  Through this journey I’m gaining way more than I’ll ever lose (goal of 40 lbs).  Here’s what I’ve gained so far:

  • A dependence on the Lord rather than instantly turning to food for every emotional craving.
  • Confidence birthed from a dependence on the Lord rather than food.
  • Learning to be satisfied and content with less.  (I didn't realize the portion sizes I was consuming until I started measuring and weighing everything.  Wowza!)
  • Energy.
  • Joy.
  • Motivation to play and be more active with my children.
  • Fitting into jeans I haven't worn in over 2 years!
  • Clearer skin.
  • A clear mind.
  • Better sleep.
  • Looking forward to getting up in the morning because I get to weigh myself and see the scale go down AGAIN!
  • No more headaches.
  • No more unstable blood sugar spikes and drops.
  • Hope!


What I love about this program is---it's not a diet, but a lifestyle change for me!  It has to be.  Eating whole foods (veggies, fruits, protein, and no processed stuff) makes me feel so alive and rejuvenated!

There is a temptation in this food-driven western world to think we are missing out when we can’t overindulge with regard to food (or anything for that matter).  What I’m realizing is life is too short to be so consumed with food instead of enjoying the fellowship of relationships.  Holidays are a bit crazy when it comes to all the food.  This year I’m going to be focusing on the people around me rather than all the food I can shove down my trap!

I’ll have an updated picture of me next Friday!  Visit me here if you want to stay up  to date.  Thanks for following my journey and for all of your encouragement!  I’m hoping to be down 40 lbs by Thanksgiving (or sooner).

About the Grace And Strength 
Lifestyle Program: VISIT HERE.


Photobucket
Share |

15 comments :

  1. Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work!!! And I love all your reasons for working out:) and Love the verse, what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo!

    way to go!

    it is no small thing
    to shed 10 lbs in a week

    or to change your life
    for that matter

    blessings as you
    continue on the journey
    to health!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your journey Traci! Congrats on that amazing weightloss. I need to follow your example. It used to be that I didn't gain weight so easily and but somehow I hit 45 and the pounds are coming and staying! Hang in there...I am very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Traci! Congratulations! I was amazed with portion sizes when I started weighing and measuring! I'm glad you are feeling so much better! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome, girlfriend! Keep up the good work! I know it isn't easy, but it is so0o0o0 worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so happy for you Traci! You are gaining so much and that is the most amazing gift of what you are doing. Isn't it awesome how the transformation that the Lord is doing on the inside through this process is so quickly showing on the outside as you shed your unwanted weight? What an exciting journey! I am really impressed with all you are gaining and losing so much at the same time! Great job! Thanks for sharing such a personal journey! You are an inspiration!!!

    Blessings!

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very excited for you, Traci! You're inspiring me as I am beginning my journey. I'm having serious sugar withdrawal, but I know with the Lord's help and seeing your progress, I am gonna make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, way to go Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, Traci!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so great! The program you are doing sounds wonderful, can't wait to see the rest of your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a good way of thinking..I fully agree with all of your reasons for doing it and am currently doing much the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great!! Don't be embarrassed about your pics, they're motivational. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! You look amazing. God bless. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! How exciting! You have REALLY kicked that metabolism into high. Looking great...thanks much for the inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! That is such an achievement! I can see a difference in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your friendship! If you can't comment, try commenting as anonymous or you can email me at curly2880 at yahoo dot com.