This is totally embarrassing posting pictures of me like this, but I want to do this weekly so I can see my whole journey of weight loss.
Weight Loss Goal
After just a short week (well 6 days to be exact) on the Grace And Strength Lifestyleprogram I’ve lost a total of 10.6 lbs! When I started this journey, I wanted my focus to be on Christ and what I would actually gain while losing. My personal coach (who is so awesome and encouraging) asked me to pick a verse that would be my “life verse” for this journey.
I picked 1 Timothy 6:6, “Godliness with contentment is great gain." It sounds ironic that I would pick a verse about “gaining” while on a journey to "lose weight"; but it is so fitting! Through this journey I’m gaining way more than I’ll ever lose (goal of 40 lbs). Here’s what I’ve gained so far:
- A dependence on the Lord rather than instantly turning to food for every emotional craving.
- Confidence birthed from a dependence on the Lord rather than food.
- Learning to be satisfied and content with less. (I didn't realize the portion sizes I was consuming until I started measuring and weighing everything. Wowza!)
- Motivation to play and be more active with my children.
- Fitting into jeans I haven't worn in over 2 years!
- Clearer skin.
- A clear mind.
- Better sleep.
- Looking forward to getting up in the morning because I get to weigh myself and see the scale go down AGAIN!
- No more headaches.
- No more unstable blood sugar spikes and drops.
What I love about this program is---it's not a diet, but a lifestyle change for me! It has to be. Eating whole foods (veggies, fruits, protein, and no processed stuff) makes me feel so alive and rejuvenated!
There is a temptation in this food-driven western world to think we are missing out when we can’t overindulge with regard to food (or anything for that matter). What I’m realizing is life is too short to be so consumed with food instead of enjoying the fellowship of relationships. Holidays are a bit crazy when it comes to all the food. This year I’m going to be focusing on the people around me rather than all the food I can shove down my trap!
I’ll have an updated picture of me next Friday! Visit me here if you want to stay up to date. Thanks for following my journey and for all of your encouragement! I’m hoping to be down 40 lbs by Thanksgiving (or sooner).
About the Grace And Strength
Lifestyle Program: VISIT HERE.