Amish buggies upon rolling Pennsylvania hills, lined up in a neat row on a Sunday morning for church; ready to hear from Jesus. Their lights shine through dusty fog and raindrops rest upon bonnets and dark hats. Hearts ready to hear from you. I am ready to hear from you, sweet Jesus.
To love people well, is directly related to if I've been with Jesus. For if I've met with Him, really met with Him, and listened, I can't help but be changed. So Lord, let me feast on you. Continually. (John 6:57) Darren Rowse talked about feasting on His Word. Don't just nibble, but feast!
I lay in bed and try to process my weekend at the Allume conference. I didn't anticipate meeting so many wonderful people. Soul connections. God moments. Laughter, tears, and hearts open toward the heavens. Hearts in unison, without uttering a single word, sing: use us, Lord.
Father, expand the scope of your ministry through me, that more people may see the love of Christ, and none of me.
A community of women is only as strong as its smallest clique. For cliques are the disconnect that break the chain of hands tight and hearts knit.
Some of my favorite Ann Voskamp quotes from this weekend:
- Bury your fear in faith.
- Stop fearing failure, God's artist is at work.
- If you can't hear your Father's voice, you've gone too far.
- Embrace your brokenness.
- The act of Christ is to stoop down and be poured out.
- Write on lives first, then on screens.
- The secret of good writing is good living in secret.
- If you have the applause of man, and all of heaven is silent, what do you really have?
- We are the clay and dust. Let God write on you.
- Do we think that we can stand before our scarred Savior, without any scars ourselves?
- Having christian convictions does not negate Christ's compassion.
- Get to know the people you're prejudice against.
- Don't be afraid of guilt by association; be more concerned with grace by association.
- Jesus only chose to be defined by God, not by His gifts.